Please raise your mouse hand and recite the following pledge:
- I will not forward any e-mail that resembles a chain letter in any fashion.
- I will not forward any e-mail indicating good or bad things will happen to me or you should you or I fail to do or not do certain things.
- I will not forward any e-mail that may be a hoax without checking with at least two authoritative web-site sources to be positive it is not a hoax.
- I will not forward any e-mail about a virus unless I have checked with at least two authoritative web-site sources to validate the virus.
- I will not initiate chain letters, hoaxes or viruses.
- I will not be lazy and just forward this to anyone on my address list. Instead I will reconstruct it so it will appear as its truely my resolution and send to my contacts.
- I will post a copy of this resolution near my PC for future reference.
If you feel that you must forward emails, please do these things:
Forward emails the SMART way:
Don't put your friends email addresses in the "TO" field. Instead send it "TO" yourself, (yes you can do that), and use the BCC field for your contacts. This is the best gift you can give your friends and family. By using the "BCC" field you hide their email addresses from people who want to harvest them and use them for profit or for PORN, SPAM, etc. We can reduce or prevent this SPAM if we all use the BCC field!
Clean up the forwarded emails:
Delete all the headers and lists of previous forwarding victims. Your friends and family do not want to see all those email addresses; nor do they want to scroll for ever to see the email.
- Never forward any email as an attachment.
Please ... just use plain text. Get rid of the backgrounds, stationary, fancy fonts, multiple colors etc etc.
As Joe Friday would say; "The facts ma'am, just the facts"You don't need to prove to us how cute you think you are.
These websites should be kept easily accessible for checking on the latest hoax, chain letter, virus, etc.: